Looking to combine your love of health and wellness with your digital and social media skills? Ready to get outside of “big box” employers and become part a successful start-up with lots of potential for growth? Do you love:
- Staying organized, and executing digital media campaigns with precision
- Creating meaningful digital content
- And, interacting with the Whole30 community via social media?
Are you extraordinarily good at what you do?
Whole30, the groundbreaking program designed to change your health, habits, and relationship with food, is looking for a Kansas City-based full-time (40 hours/week) Digital Media Assistant to assist with: keeping our content calendar organized; making sure our media campaigns are executed perfectly and on time; and day-to-day management of our digital media presence.
Oh, and changing lives. We really like doing that.
The Digital Content Assistant will assist the Director of Digital Content with web and social media marketing projects including managing and updating the content calendars for all Whole30 channels; creating content for Whole30 digital and social media publication; and executing promotional responsibilities for internal and external Whole30 initiatives and partners, including Whole30 Approved initiatives and partners.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and update social media calendars (CoSchedule) for all Whole30 channels.
- Create dynamic written, graphic, video and photographic content that suits the goals, audience and message of a digital media campaign.
- Research, write, and edit copy for digital and social media channels including web copy, email, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Analyze and report audience information and demographics and success of existing social media projects.
- Assist the Director of Digital Content with large projects, events, and digital community management.
- Assist the Director of Digital Content with developing social media campaigns for internal and external Whole30 initiatives and partners.
- Stay informed of emerging social media platforms and be an early adopter of digital and social media technology and practices.
Skills and Qualifications
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with developing content for digital and social media platforms
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and can work well with a team
- Ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- SEO and digital ad buying experience not required, but a plus!
Candidate MUST live in the Kansas City area. Work will take place primarily from home, but will include 1-2 co-working days per week with the Director of Digital Content in the downtown or midtown Kansas City area. Occasional travel (3-4 trips per year) outside of Kansas City is required. Hours may vary and will occasionally include some nights and weekends, although the vast majority of business will take place Monday through Friday, between the flexible hours of 7 AM and 7 PM.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Familiarity with the Whole30 program
- Excellent working knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Excellent working knowledge of WordPress
- Excellent working knowledge of MailChimp
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- A home office set-up with a late model computer, printer/scanner, and Skype audio and video capability
- U.S. citizenship required, must be fluent in English
- Photography and/or videography skills
- Familiarity with CoSchedule
- Please email your resume, cover letter and work sample (see instructions below) to email@example.com, with a subject line of “Whole30 Digital Media Assistant.” Include relevant links to social media accounts, website or personal blog.
- Work Sample Using this blog post as your source material, create an original social media campaign to promote traffic to the post. Campaign should include content for Instagram, Instagram Story, Facebook and Twitter.