Last Modified: September 16, 2020
- On the Websites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Websites.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Websites.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third party Websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Whole30 offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the Websites.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Websites are not intended for children under years of age, and we request that they not use the Websites or provide Personal Data through the Service.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, username and password, IP addresses, or other personal information by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Data”).
- All communications with other users of the Service.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our affiliates and subsidiaries.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, subscribing to our Services, posting material, or requesting further Services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Websites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Websites, or transmitted to other users of the Websites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We use Google Analytics on our Websites to help us analyze your use of our Websites and diagnose technical issues. We also use Facebook Pixel to allow us and our advertising partners to advertise more efficiently and effectively.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information..
· Web Beacons. Pages of the Websites and our e-mails may contain web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Whole30, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Websites statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Websites content and verifying system and server integrity).
· Tracking Pixels. A tracking pixel is a small piece of code embedded into our Websites that allows Whole30 to track the effectiveness of its advertising.
Third party websites that you access through our Websites may also use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about you when you access those websites. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising
from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- To present our Websites and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please select ‘Update Cookie Preferences’ located at the bottom of the webpage and adjust your user preferences.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Data for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Whole30’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Whole30 about our Websites users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to not to opt out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Whole30, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by selecting ‘Update Cookie Preferences’ and adjusting your user preferences at the bottom of the webpage. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email with your request to [email protected]
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by selecting ‘Update Cookie Preferences’ and adjusting your user preferences at the bottom of the webpage.. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s Websites.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Websites and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Websites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Websites users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Websites, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms & Conditions.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Websites like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
If you are a California resident, then, subject to certain limits under California law, you may request us to provide you with a list of certain categories and specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the Contact Information section below.