Pull out your Instant Pot this week, and make these surprisingly simple Whole30 Buffalo Ranch Turkey Wraps from our Whole30 Approved Program Manager, Jen Kendall. Fill your crunchy lettuce cups with juicy turkey, and get ready for a superior level of flavor.
From Jen: “There are exactly two condiments that rule my family’s household year-round: The New Primal’s Buffalo and Made By Whole30 House Ranch. Bonus points if they are used together to create mealtime magic! I whipped up these Buffalo Ranch Turkey Wraps on the fly one evening using what I had on hand and knew right away I stumbled upon a winner; a dynamite combination of spices, veggies, and ground turkey that would instantly become a weekly dinner staple. Using the Instant Pot, this meal comes together extra fast for busy evenings and the leftovers are arguably even more incredible as the flavors continue to meld. Feel free to give the final lettuce wrap an extra drizzle of ranch and buffalo for good measure and enjoy!”
Whole30 Buffalo Ranch Turkey Wraps
Recipe by Jen Kendall
Photos by: Brian Kavanagh | The Sophisticated Caveman
Instant Pot Buffalo & Ranch Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots ,diced
- 1/2 red or white onion ,diced
- 3 cloves garlic ,finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Whole30 compatible ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp dry Noble Made Classic Buffalo Seasoning (see notes for alternatives)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp all-purpose seasoning (I used Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute)
- Sliced green onions ,optional for garnish
- Butter lettuce for wrapping
- TURN ON Instant Pot to sauté and allow it to come to temperature. Add olive oil, carrots, and onion and stir. Add salt and let cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and carrots begin to soften.
- STIR in garlic until fragrant and turn off the Instant Pot.
- ADD ground turkey, buffalo seasoning, ranch dressing, and all-purpose seasoning. Mix well and break up the turkey as much as possible. Lock the lid and set the pot to a sealed position.
- MANUALLY turn the Instant Pot to 5 minutes. After cooking, do a quick release of the pressure valve and turn the Instant Pot on to sauté again.
- BREAK UP the turkey (there will be liquid in the pot after cooking) and continue stirring as the meat begins bubbling. Continue until all of the excess moisture has evaporated but before the meat begins to burn to the bottom of the pot. Turn off the Instant Pot and remove the insert to cool.
- SCOOP turkey into butter lettuce wraps and top with sliced green onions and an extra drizzle of ranch if desired.
You Might Also Like…
Whole30 Approved Program Manager