Mashed potatoes are often the first thing on the table to get gobbled up and luckily, making them couldn’t be easier. Boil the potatoes, add some ghee or coconut oil, and finish with coconut milk and a bit of salt and pepper. Potatoes, ghee and coconut milk are a sacred trinity, that make a delicious side dish to complement any meal. These Whole30 Mashed Sweet Potatoes give a twist to a classic recipe.
Try this: Whole30 Shrimp Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Grits
Try This: Whole30 Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Whole30 Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes chopped in 1” pieces
- 4 tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut crème
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- In a large Dutch oven pot or soup pot, add chopped sweet potatoes and fill with water just until the sweet potatoes are covered.
- Cover pot and bring to high heat and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, remove lid and reduce heat to medium and simmer until sweet potatoes are fork-tender, about 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and carefully drain the water from the pot.
- When the water is drained, add ghee or coconut oil, sea salt, black pepper and coconut crème and mash with a potato masher (if you do not have a potato masher, simply mash it up as best as you can with a couple of big forks).
- Serve between 4 with chopped parsley, storing any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze your leftovers in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months.