Carrot and Beet Slaw
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely shredded or julienned (10 ounces)
- 2 small red and/or golden beets, peeled and coarsely shredded or julienned (12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped (see Tip)
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 cup WHOLE30 Elderberry Vinaigrette
- IN a large bowl, combine carrots, beets, raisins, pistachios, parsley, scallions, mint, red pepper flakes, salt, and pistachios. Drizzle with the vinaigrette; toss to coat.
- Tip: To toast pistachios, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted.