King Ranch Casserole
For the Casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for the baking dish
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 14 oz can Whole30 compatible fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 4 oz can Whole30 compatable diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup Whole30 compatible sliced black olives, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp reshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup WHOLE30 House Ranch Dressing
- 4 slices Whole30 compatible bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
For the Salad
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 cups torn Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh herbs (a combination of cilantro, parsley, dill, basil, and chives or a few of them)
- 2-3 tbsp WHOLE30 Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Coarse black pepper
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. In a large skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, red pepper, green pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- ADD chicken, tomatoes, green chiles, olives, cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt, and black pepper to the bowl. Stir to thoroughly combine. Add the WHOLE30 Ranch Dressing to the bowl and stir until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- COAT a 9×13-inch baking dish with a little olive oil. Transfer the chicken mixture to the dish. Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with the Fresh Herb Salad.
- MAKE the Fresh Herb Salad: In a small skillet, cook almonds over medium heat until toasted and fragrant. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, toss together Bibb lettuce, arugula, and herbs. Add almonds and vinaigrette; toss to coat and season with black pepper.