Our Quick Tofu and Mushroom Zoodle Soup comes together in about 25 minutes, and is a veggie-packed mid-day meal. Don’t have a zucchini on hand? Try spiralizing yellow squash or butternut squash, or using pre-cooked spaghetti squash.
Looking for more Plant-Based Whole30 lunch inspiration? Try our Roasted Veggie-Black Bean Bowl with Tehina.
Quick Tofu and Mushroom Zoodle Soup: a Plant-Based Whole30 Lunch Recipe
Quick Tofu and Mushroom Zoodle Soup
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 (5-oz) package sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots ,sliced into matchsticks
- 3 green onions ,green part only sliced
- 1 piece (2-inches) fresh ginger ,peeled and grated
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp Whole30-compatible tomato paste 3
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 (16-ounce) block super-firm tofu ,cubed
- 1 (10.7 ounce) package zucchini noodles, or 2 small zucchini, spiralized
- 1 baby bok choy ,sliced in half lengthwise, cut into ribbons
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 red chile pepper or jalapeño chile pepper ,seeded if desired, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup toasted cashews
- In a large pot, melt coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil, mushrooms, carrots, green onions, and ginger. Cook, stirring often, until carrots are crisp-tender and ginger is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broth, coconut aminos, salt, garlic powder, and tofu. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Add bok choy and zucchini noodles; cook until noodles are just tender and bok choy is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon soup into bowls and top with chile pepper (if using), cilantro, and sesame seeds.Top with chopped cashews.