Have some extra veggies on hand? Toss them in our Tofu-Veggie Scramble. The recipe is flexible enough to turn your odds and ends in to a satisfying delicious meal. Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, red bell pepper, kale, summer squash, shallot, and/or green onion tops … whatever you’ve got lying around in your fridge, this recipe will put it to use.
Looking for more Plant-Based Whole30 breakfast ideas? Try our Chickpea, Tomato, and Veggie Skillet.
Tofu-Veggie Scramble: A Plant-Based Whole30 Breakfast Recipe
- 1 (14-to-16 oz) super-firm tofu ,drained
- 3 tbsps nutritional yeast
- ¾ tsp black salt
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, Brussel sprouts, red bell pepper, kale, summer squash, shallot, and/or green onion tops
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅓ cup assorted olives
- Finely crumble the tofu into a medium bowl. In a small bowl stir together the nutritional yeast, black salt, turmeric, and smoked paprika. Sprinkle seasoning on tofu and stir to combine.
- In an extra-large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the vegetables and season with salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Push the vegetables to the outer edges of the skillet, creating an empty center. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the center of the skillet. Add the seasoned tofu and cook, stirring, until tofu is heated through, about 3 minutes. Add chopped olives, then stir vegetables and tofu together and cook 1 minute more.
- Divide scramble among 4 serving plates.