Put these Whole30 Salmon Cakes with Mango Relish from Cooking Whole30 into your next Whole30 meal prep rotation. They’re a flavorful, versatile protein to have on hand—and the mango relish adds a fresh punch. Pair them with a fresh green salad for a fantastic lunch, or break them up in a potato and veggie hash for breakfast.
In addition to having 150 delicious, creative Whole30 dishes, Cooking Whole30 also includes recipes from some of our favorite Whole30 recipe creatives. These are active members of our Whole30 community who share their recipes on social media, their blogs and even in their own cookbooks!
Twenty of the recipes in Cooking Whole30 are from featured contributors; this recipe comes from Jenn of Pretend It’s A Donut.
Whole30 Salmon Cakes With Mango Relish
Salmon Cakes With Mango Relish
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) wild- caught salmon drained
- 1/4 cup Basic Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mango or pineapple
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- HEAT 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- IN a large bowl, combine the bell pepper, salmon, mayonnaise, cumin, yellow onion, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne (if using), and salt and black pepper to taste. Stir until combined. Shape the fish mixture into nine ¼-inch-thick patties, using a scant ¼ cup per patty.
- ADD the remaining 3 teaspoons oil to the same skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook the patties, four or five at a time, in the hot oil, turning once, until browned on both sides, 7 to 9 minutes.
- MEANWHILE, in a medium bowl, combine the mango, avocado, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño (if using), and lime juice. Serve the patties topped with some of the relish.
Post photography by Brent Herrig
Text excerpted from Cooking Whole30 © 2020 by Melissa Hartwig. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Find Cooking Whole30 Wherever Books are Sold
OVER 150 RECIPES FOR THE WHOLE30 AND BEYOND
Previously published as The Whole30 Cookbook, this bestseller is revised, updated, and available in paperback for the first time.
The groundbreaking Whole30 program has helped millions of people transform their lives by bringing them better sleep, more energy, fewer cravings, and improved digestion, creating a foundation of good habits and restoring a healthy relationship with food. In this cookbook (previously published as The Whole30 Cookbook) best-selling author and Whole30 co-creator Melissa Urban delivers over 150 recipes to help readers prepare delicious, healthy meals for their Whole30 and beyond.
Cooking Whole30 has been completely revised and updated to be in line with Whole30’s diversity, inclusion, equity, representation, and accessibility efforts.
Say good-bye to mundane meals with Cooking Whole30. These mouth-watering recipes will help you reset your health while filling your life with delicious good food.” — DANIELLE WALKER, New York Times best-selling author, Against All Grain and Meals Made Simple
Chief Content Officer