For a steakhouse-style meal at home, serve these crispy fries (and very zippy ketchup!) with roast chicken or grilled steak.
Cooking Whole30 is the revised, updated, and enhanced version of The Whole30 Cookbook and is available everywhere books are sold. Click here for more information about this project.
Whole30 Herbed Rutabaga Oven Fries with Spicy Garlic Ketchup
Herbed Rutabaga Oven Fries with Spicy Garlic Ketchup from Cooking Whole30
- 2 medium rutabagas or 1 large rutabagas (about 1½ pounds)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano ,crushed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsps clarified butter or ghee
- 1 cloves garlic ,minced
- ½ cup Whole30 Ketchup or Whole30-compatible ketchup
- 1-2 tsps Whole30-compatible hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the rutabagas into 1⁄2-inch-thick sticks. Pat the sticks dry with paper towels and place them in a bowl. Add the olive oil, rosemary, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper. Gently toss to coat the rutabaga with the oil and seasonings. Arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with the parsley and thyme.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, combine the butter and the minced garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in the ketchup and hot sauce; cook until just heated through.
- Transfer to a small bowl and serve alongside the fries for dipping.
Over 150 Recipes for the Whole30 and Beyond
Previously published as The Whole30 Cookbook, this bestseller is revised, updated, and available in paperback for the first time.
The groundbreaking Whole30 program has helped millions of people transform their lives by bringing them better sleep, more energy, fewer cravings, and improved digestion, creating a foundation of good habits and restoring a healthy relationship with food. In this cookbook (previously published as The Whole30 Cookbook) best-selling author and Whole30 co-creator Melissa Urban delivers over 150 recipes to help readers prepare delicious, healthy meals for their Whole30 and beyond. Cooking Whole30 has been completely revised and updated to be in line with Whole30’s diversity, inclusion, equity, representation, and accessibility efforts.
- A Whole30 refresher, including an updated introduction to the program, 5 steps to get you started, and tips for stocking your Whole30 kitchen.
- More than 150 recipes for main dishes, sides, dressings, and sauces.
- Easy tips that simplify meal planning and prep to save time and money.
- Recipe Remixes designed to turn one dish into two or three different meals.
- 10 exclusive, new recipes from community recipe creators.
Whether you’re doing your first Whole30 or coming back for another reset, Cooking Whole30 will help you change your life in 30 days with the Whole30 program.
“The Whole30 program has transformed the lives of millions of people around the world. It’s completely in line with what I usually prescribe as a starting point for my patients, and I can’t recommend it enough for those looking to radically improve their health and habits long-term.” —Frank Lipman, MD and New York Times best-selling author
Purchase: Amazon , B&N , IndieBound , Powell’s , BAM , Hudson , Indigo , Amazon.ca , iBooks , Google Play