Summer Tomato “Tonnato” Salad
- 2 lbs mixed ripe tomatoes*
- 2 tsp capers, drained
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and very thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (5-oz) cans Whole30-compliant tuna, drained and chunked
- 3 to 4 tbsp WHOLE30 Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp black or white sesame seeds, toasted**
- 10 fresh basil leaves, large leaves torn and small leaves left whole
- Flaky salt, to taste (optional)
- ON a large serving platter or in a large shallow bowl, combine tomatoes, capers, and chiles. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss gently to combine.
- TOP with tuna. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, basil, and a little bit of flaky salt if desired. Serve immediately.
- *Note: For the prettiest salad, use a mix of tomato colors and types. Cut cherry, pear, or grape tomatoes in half. Cut large tomatoes in chunks or wedges.
- **Toast sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Co-Founder / CEO