There’s so many things to love about potatoes, and if you’re looking for another fantastic way to prepare them, try this recipe for Whole30 Hasselback Sweet Potatoes. Hasselback Potatoes are prepared by making small slits in the potatoes, and baking them with oil or ghee for wonderful crispy edges. These potatoes take a little bit more time than baked potatoes, but are sure to be met with awe by your dinner guests. Finish with fresh herbs for a beautiful holiday side dish.
Want even more potato recipes? Try these Crispy Whole30 Smashed Potatoes with Peas, Lemon & Herbed Aioli
Try This: Whole30 Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Whole30 Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil avocado oil, ghee or coconut butter
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh parsley minced
- Fresh or dried rosemary & thyme minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse sweet potatoes and pat dry.
- Carefully slice sweet potatoes in thin slits, stopping just before actually slicing through. This is what makes them “hasselback”.
- Coat the sweet potatoes with olive oil and sea salt. Arrange in a skillet or on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven until very soft and the bottoms have begun to brown, about 35-40 minutes.
- Serve sweet potatoes fresh parsley and fresh or dried rosemary and thyme, storing any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You Might Also Like…