You’ll fall in love with this intensely savory Whole30 Sausage and Potato Soup. It’s ideal as a make-ahead meal, as the hearty soup boasts even more flavor after a day in the fridge, and you’ll love that it can be on your table in next to no time.
Looking for more soup recipes? Try this Roasted Sweet Potato Soup.
Try This: Whole30 Sausage and Potato Soup
Whole30 Sausage and Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion peeled & diced
- 4 medium celery stalks diced
- 1 pound of ground pork sausage any ground sausage will work well
- 4 medium carrots peeled & sliced as ¼” pieces
- 1 large white sweet potato any potato variety will work well
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium garlic cloves peeled & minced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cups chicken stock or bone broth
- ½ cup canned coconut crème
- Fresh thyme & rosemary optional garnish
- ADD ghee or coconut oil to a large stockpot or Dutch oven and bring to medium heat. Add onion and sauté until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- ADD ground pork sausage and break up well with a wooden spoon. Cook with the onion until it begins to brown a bit, about 5 minutes.
- ADD the remaining ingredients and gently toss together until everything is well-combined.
- REDUCE heat to low and simmer until the veggies are soft when pierced with a fork and the sausage is completely cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Turn your stove’s heat to off.
- SERVE, storing any leftovers in a glass container in the fridge for 3 days.
You Might Also Like…