Prepare to put these vibrant deviled eggs on repeat this summer. This impressive-looking yet easy to make appetizer, comes to us from Chef Ariane Resnick, CNC. Deviled eggs are a little bit retro in the best way possible, and can be served for a casual lunch, preferably alfresco. These Whole30 Simple Deviled Eggs with Spiced Herb Garnish are fragrantly spiced with mustard, dill weed, and smoked paprika. Served over a bed of arugula, this fresh and flavorful dish will be the first to disappear at any meal.
Another summer appetizer idea: Whole30 Charcuterie Board with Lebanese-Inspired Baba Ganoush
Recipe and photo by Ariane Resnick, CNC
Whole30 Simple Deviled Eggs with Spiced Herb Garnish
Simple Deviled Eggs with Spiced Herb Garnish
- 12 large eggs hard boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Whole30 compatible dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika divided
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- Slice eggs in half width-wise and trim off enough of the bottom so that each egg half can sit upright. Lengthwise is the standard way to slice eggs for deviled eggs, and doing it this way gives a more upright appearance.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the yolk of each egg half and place it in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and the 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika to the bowl.
- Mash thoroughly, until no lumps remain. Alternately, you can process filling in a blender or mini food processor.
- Place the remaining tablespoon of smoked paprika on a small plate. Place the dill on another small plate. Dip the flat top of each egg white into both the dill and the paprika.
- Fill the egg yolk mixture into the hollows of the whites with a spoon.
- Alternately, scoop the mixture into a piping bag and pipe the filling in. Photo represents piped filling.
- Sprinkle a small pinch of smoked paprika or dill over the center of the filling. Serve on a bed of arugula.