Treat yourself to the joy that are Whole30 stuffed sweet potatoes. This version features a delicious and slightly spicy taco meat. Add your favorite taco garnishes, and you’ll be well on your way to a satisfying dinner that your whole family will love.
Try This: Whole30 Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Whole30 Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 medium avocado peeled & diced
- 1 whole scallion minced
- Fresh cilantro
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- RINSE sweet potatoes and pat dry. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet in the oven until very soft, about 40 minutes.
- HEAT a skillet to medium-low heat. Add the ground beef and mince with a wooden spoon.
- ADD all of the spices and continue cooking with the beef until it is completely cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- TURN the heat off and carefully drain the excess grease.
- When the sweet potatoes are done baking, REMOVE from the oven and carefully unwrap.
- MAKE a slit in the middle of each sweet potato and fill it with the spiced ground beef mixture, storing any extra ground beef in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- GARNISH with cherry tomatoes, avocado, fresh cilantro and minced scallion.
- STORE any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You Might Also Like…