Leftover ground beef, al dente green beans, fresh apple and dried apricot are tossed with hearty greens and drizzled with a homemade tahini dressing for a perfect Whole30 lunch that’s sure to make your favorite lunchtime haunt jealous.
We steamed fresh green beans and added them to a salad of Boston lettuce leaves, bitter, spicy radicchio, and a variety of fresh mixed greens. (We used a mix of kale, spinach, and arugula this time around, but feel free to choose your own adventure!) Then we added cooked ground beef, cleansing parsley, sweet chopped dried apricot, and a juicy sliced Honeycrisp apple. Then we tossed it all in homemade tahini dressing for a salad bursting with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and of course, AMAZING flavor and texture.
Completed with a final drizzle of tahini and a sprinkle of sliced almonds, this easy meal is just as ready for the ‘gram as it is for your mouth.
Tips and tricks:
Speed up prep time by steaming your green beans the night before or by simply using raw green beans — just chop them up into bite-sized pieces.
Mix it up!
- Omit the Boston lettuce and radicchio and use entirely mixed salad greens to reduce chopping time (just increase mixed greens to 8 cups).
- Experiment with other dried fruits, or skip them altogether.
- Swap parsley with fresh cilantro or a tablespoon of dried tarragon for a unique and cleansing flavor.
- Add in other fresh salad mix-ins as you wish — such as minced or sliced radish, shredded carrot, diced celery, or fresh blueberries.
- Toss in a peeled and diced avocado for additional healthy fats and creamy flavor and texture!
This recipe uses tahini as its base in the dressing. If you do not tolerate seeds well, omit the tahini, increase the olive oil to 6 tablespoons, or use our Whole30 Creamy Balsamic Dressing instead!
Similarly, you can omit the sliced almonds, and this salad will still be delicious and nutritious!
Sweet and Savory Ground Beef Salad with Tahini Dressing
Sweet & Savory Ground Beef Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1 lb green beans steamed & cooled
- 1 head of Boston lettuce leaves torn into small pieces
- 1 cup radicchio chopped
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 lb cooked ground beef
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- 4 dried apricots chopped
- 1 large apple thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- BLANCH raw green beans for 2-3 minutes, then trasfer to an ice bath to cool for 4-5 minutes.
- MIX all tahini dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- DRAIN green beans and remove excess moisture.
- ADD all salad ingredients to a large bowl and gently toss together until everything is coated in the dressing.
- GARNISH with tahini and sliced almonds.
- STORE any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.