With only five minutes of prep, these easy Whole30 Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are perfect for busy weeknights. Tender baked sweet potatoes are delicious filled with seasoned ground beef, then topped with fresh cilantro and creamy avocado. You won’t even miss the tortillas! Plus, they’re gluten-free, paleo, and can be customized with all your favorite taco toppings.
Instructions for this Whole30 dinner are easy to follow and take just a few simple steps. Cook the ground beef with salt and a simple blend of dried spices while the sweet potatoes are baking. Once the potatoes are tender, cut a slit in each one and distribute the filling evenly. Then, add your desired toppings, and THAT’S IT!
Try it with a side of Whole Food for 7’s cilantro lime cauliflower rice!
Tips and tricks:
Having pre-made taco seasoning on hand is a great way to save time and ensure you’re using Whole30-compatible ingredients. Use this recipe to make your own flavorful blend for all your taco-themed dishes!
This dish is perfect for meal prep and can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy these Whole30 Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes for a hearty, satisfying meal packed with flavor!
Try This: Whole30 Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Whole30 Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 medium avocado peeled & diced
- 1 whole scallion minced
- Fresh cilantro
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- RINSE sweet potatoes and pat dry. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet in the oven until very soft, about 40 minutes.
- HEAT a skillet to medium-low heat. Add the ground beef and mince with a wooden spoon.
- ADD all of the spices and continue cooking with the beef until it is completely cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- TURN the heat off and carefully drain the excess grease.
- When the sweet potatoes are done baking, REMOVE from the oven and carefully unwrap.
- MAKE a slit in the middle of each sweet potato and fill it with the spiced ground beef mixture, storing any extra ground beef in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- GARNISH with cherry tomatoes, avocado, fresh cilantro and minced scallion.
- STORE any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You Might Also Like…