Warm Curried Cabbage and Apple Salad with Bratwurst
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 small tart apple, such as Granny Smith or Pippin, quartered, cored, and coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup WHOLE30 Secret Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 Whole30 compatible bratwursts
- IN a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots; cook until shallots begins to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mustard seeds and cook until lightly toasted and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the remaining oil, curry powder, salt, and pepper; stir until combined. Add the cabbage and apples; and stir to combine in the mustard seed mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage and apples are tender, about 10 minutes.
- MEANWHILE, preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill bratwurst, turning once halfway through, until 165°F, 10 to 12 minutes. Let bratwurst rest for 5 minutes, then slice each diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- DIVIDE the slaw between 4 serving plates. Top with bratwurst, drizzle with the sauce, and sprinkle with parsley.