Just in time for Labor Day weekend, make these Whole30 St. Louis Ribs and Potato Wedges for your get-together. This recipe comes to us from our Content Manger, Chelsea Long.
From Chelsea: “Let me let you in on a little secret–I never loved ribs until I had St. Louis Ribs from Butcher Box, and now I’m obsessed (not sponsored, just honest to God, they’re delish). This meal is one of my favorites for a simple, everyday family dinner, yet it also feels special enough to serve when we have company. This meal has basic ingredients and comes together easily when using my favorite Classic BBQ sauce from The New Primal. And the potato wedges, well, no meal is complete without a potato, in my book. I guess I have my Midwest roots to thank for that! I love the tang of the white vinegar and the combination of spices that make these wedges so flavorful.”
Whole30 St. Louis Ribs and Potato Wedges
St. Louis Ribs and Potato Wedges
- 2 lbs St. Louis Ribs
- 4 tbsp Paleo Powder Pink (or compatible seasoning salt of choice)
- 8 medium russet poatotes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- PREHEAT oven to 500F.
- COAT rack of St. Louis Ribs with your favorite seasoning salt (I love Paleo Powder Pink).
- LINE a shallow dish (I use a 9×13 glass pyrex- a baking sheet won't work) with parchment paper and add ribs to the dish.
- BAKE ribs for 20 minutes at 500.
- LOWER temperature to 350, cover ribs with foil, and place in the oven.
- BAKE ribs for an additional 90 minutes until they reach an internal temp of at least 145, but go up to 190 for tender meat.
- WHILE ribs are baking at 500, prepare the potatoes.
- WASH potatoes well and cut into half lengthwise, and then into 3 or 4 pieces lengthwise
- COMBINE all ingredients except potatoes ina. large bowl and whisk to combine
- ADD cut potatoes to the bowl and combine with clean hands until all potatoes are well-coated
- LINE a baking sheet with parchment paper and place potatoes in a single layer on the sheet.
- BAKE at 350 alongside the ribs for 60 minutes or until golden brown and fork tender.
You Might Also Like…
Whole30 Content Manager