This flavorful Crunchy Smashed Chickpea Salad is the perfect Plant-Based Whole30 lunch. It’s refreshing, packs up easily, and keeps nicely in the fridge. Make a big batch of the chickpea mixture and eat it all week long with fresh veggies, apple slices, and avocado for a fast, tasty, versatile protein.
Crunchy Smashed Chickpea Salad: A Plant-Based Whole30 Recipe
Crunchy Smashed Chickpea Salad
- 2 (15-oz) cans chickpeas ,drained
- ½ cup finely chopped apple
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ⅓ cup Whole30 Plant-Based mayo
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsps Whole30-compatible Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tsps fresh dill
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Endive leaves, bibb lettuce leaves, or salad greens
- Avocado slices
- In a large bowl, roughly mash the chickpeas with a fork or potato masher. Add the apple, celery, and nuts.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, chives, dill, salt, and black pepper. Add to the chickpea mixture and stir to combine. Chill, covered, for 1 hour or serve at room temperature. Spoon the salad into lettuce leaves or onto salad greens and serve with avocado slices.