Try this Tofu Frittata for the perfect plant-based breakfast life hack! Hearty, protein-packed, and gluten-free, this essential meal template requires minimal effort. Follow the recipe below, or create something of your own with whatever spices or veggies you fancy.
First up is a creamy tofu filling made with just a few simple ingredients you can throw right into your blender or food processor. Start with drained, firm tofu, nutritional yeast (for a hint of cheesy flavor), and chickpea flour to bind the filling together. Pour in almond milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and turmeric, then blend until smooth.
Next, mix in 3 cups of diced vegetables (chef’s choice!), pour filling into a lightly oiled pie dish, and bake for 1 hour at 350°F. Allow the frittata to cool wire rack for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Easy as (tofu) pie!
Try Tofu Frittata Muffins for a Quick & Easy Breakfast!
For this variation, pour filling into a lightly-oiled muffin tin instead of a pie dish. Then, bake for 30 minutes (instead of 1 hour). This variation is excellent for meal prep or as a convenient, meal on the go.
No matter which option you choose, this is a phenomenal way to pack in protein and a variety of nutrient-dense vegetables at the start of your day!
- 1 lb firm tofu drained (not pressed)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk or compatible plant-based milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or black salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric optional for color
- 3 cups diced vegetables of choice (zucchini, bell pepper, mushrooms, scallions, spinach, etc.)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- GREASE a pie dish or muffin tin lightly with olive oil.
- MAKE the tofu filling — add all ingredients, except diced vegetables, to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- MIX the veggies with the tofu filling, then pour into prepared pie dish or muffin tin.
- BAKE for 30 minutes for muffins or 1 hour for pie.
- PLACE on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then serve. To store, cool completely, then cover and store in the fridge. Recipe results in either 12 individual muffins or 1 Tofu Frittata Pie.