If you are looking for a quick and easy dish in under 30 minutes, then this Cashew Crusted Halibut with Mango Butter Sauce is for you. Not only is it simple to make it has a touch of elegance and is great for a special occasion, date night, or any weeknight if you’re feeling fancy.
This dish is made with easy-to-find ingredients at your local supermarket. The cashew crust adds a crunchy texture with a subtle hint of thyme. The halibut is tender and flakey, and the mango butter sauce (made with ghee) is rich and creamy with a hint of sweetness from the mangos. It tastes like a guilty pleasure, but it’s healthy and a perfect Whole30 meal when paired with vegetables.
Cashew Crusted Halibut with Mango Butter Sauce
Cashew Crusted Halibut Recipe and Mango Sauce
Cashew Crusted Halibut
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts crushed
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- avocado oil spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mango Butter Sauce
- 1 ripe mango peeled & cut
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- PREHEAT the oven to 400 degrees.
- MAKE the crust by putting the cashew nuts in a plastic bag, then use a mallet or rolling pin to crush them finely. Pour the crushed cashews onto a plate, add thyme, parsley, salt, & pepper, and set aside.
- PAT halibut dry with a paper towel, then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- DIP the halibut into the cashew mixture to coat the top of the halibut. Spray a sheet pan with avocado oil, add your cashew-crusted halibut, then give the tops a light spray as well.
- BAKE halibut at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- MAKE the mango butter sauce while the halibut is baking by adding the chopped mango, ghee, water, and Himalayan salt to a small pot.
- BRING to a boil and let simmer for 2 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes, then add the mixture to a blender and blend into a smooth consistency. If the sauce is too thick, add a teaspoon of water and blend again.
- SPOON the mango butter on a plate, creating a circle larger than the halibut. Remove halibut from the oven and place on top of the sauce and serve with your favorite vegetables.
Social Media Influencer and trained Chef