This entree-style Whole30 Grilled Steak Salad serves 8, so we’re thinking: small dinner party, your favorite people in the backyard, tasty smells coming from the grill, twinkle lights in the background as the sun goes down.
This Whole30 Grilled Steak Salad is especially good in the summertime when peaches are in season and ripe. (Bonus points if you can source the peaches AND the greens fresh from your local farmers’ market.) The steak and peaches are both cooked on the grill, allowing you to avoid heating up your kitchen by using the stovetop or oven.
Use the accompanying vinaigrette recipe if you have plenty of time to prep—but if you’re in a crunch, our Made By Whole30 Creamy Balsamic is a great convenience option. The creamy and tangy flavor mingles perfectly with savory steak, sweet peaches, and crisp, fresh greens.
Check out The Whole30 Friends & Family for more recipes created specifically for Whole30 entertaining and hosting. Scroll to the end of this post for links to purchase the book at your favorite retailer, or click here for two more preview recipes.
Whole30 Friends & Family Grilled Steak and Peach Salad
For the Peach Vinaigrette
- 1 large ripe peach ,pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic ,minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Whole30-compatible coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
For the Steak
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs flank steak
For the Salad
- 4 large ripe peaches ,pitted and quartered
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 5-ounce containers spinach and arugula salad blend
- 2 medium ripe avocados ,halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 4 slices Whole30-compatible bacon ,crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium red onion ,thinly sliced and rings separated
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Make the Peach Vinaigrette
- In a blender or food processor, combine the peach, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, mustard, and 1 tablespoon coconut aminos. Cover and blend or process until well combined. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Make the Salad
- In a small bowl, combine the 1⁄2 cup coconut aminos, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place the steak in a large resealable plastic bag; add the marinade. Seal and turn to coat the steak. Marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade. Arrange the steak on the grill rack. Grill, turning once halfway through, until cooked to desired doneness, 12 to 15 minutes for medium (145°F).
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board; tent loosely with foil to rest, 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak against the grain.
- Meanwhile, brush the peaches with the avocado oil; arrange on the grill rack, cut sides down. Grill until the peaches have grill marks, rotating once halfway through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- To serve, divide the salad blend among 8 serving plates. Top with the steak, avocado, peaches, bacon, onion, and pecans. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.
The Whole30 Friends & Family
With four Whole30 cook-books and thousands of free recipes, it's never been easier to make Whole30 meals at home, but navigating social gatherings can still feel daunting
You can honor your health commitments while enjoying time with family and friends, and this book shows you exactly how. The Whole30 Friends & Family is packed with recipes for all of life’s special moments, from birthdays to baby showers, barbecues to brunches. All of the recipes are Whole30 compatible, designed to mix and match to create the perfect menu whether you’re hosting or contributing a dish as a guest. And in true Whole30 style, the recipes are creative, colorful, and so flavorful that your guests will never miss the added sugar.
The Whole30 Friends & Family will show you how to navigate gatherings, provide tips and tricks to make every social situation a success, and offer full menus for special occasions like dinner parties, date night, and Friendsgiving. These fun, creative meals will make social gatherings a breeze and let you effortlessly share your Whole30 experience with those you love.
Purchase: Amazon , B&N , Indie Bound , Powell’s , BAM , Hudson , Indigo , Amazon.ca , iBooks