We recently got our hands on the Our Place Perfect Pot, and our first thought was one-pot meals, so we immediately made this One-Pot Creamy Chicken and “Rice” Soup. One-pot meals are convenient (fewer dishes to wash) and cozy (think Whole30 comfort food). The Perfect Pot has several features that make this kind of cooking a breeze: a rack that can be used for roasting or steaming; a snug-fitting lid, great for braising; a perfect-pour spout and built-in strainer; and a built-in spoon rest to keep the mess to a minimum.
This One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Soup is like a Whole30 hug in a bowl. Make a big batch and serve it to your family as a cozy fall meal, or portion it out for your weekly meal prep.
One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Soup
Recipe & Photo By: Sarah Steffens
Whole30 Creamy Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Soup
- Our Place Perfect Pot, or an oven-safe pot or dutch oven with a roasting rack.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium celery stalks diced
- 2 small carrots peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken thighs diced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms wiped clean and sliced
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 14.5 oz can coconut cream
- 4 cups chicken stock or bone broth
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- HEAT ghee in your pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and season with sea salt and black pepper and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add celery and carrot and continue to sauté another 5 minutes.
- ADD diced sweet potato and diced chicken thighs and stir well in the pot with all of the veggies. Continue to sauté until the chicken has browned a little, about 5 minutes.
- ADD the sliced mushrooms and cauliflower rice and continue to sauté with a lid on until soft, about 5 minutes.
- ADD coconut cream and chicken broth and reduce heat to a simmer with the lid off for 15 minutes.
- TURN off the heat and serve between 4, garnishing each with bowl with fresh thyme, storing any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You Might Also Like…
Our Place is a Whole30 affiliate partner, meaning we make a small commission from purchases used via our links. Thank you for supporting Whole30 and our partners.