These Whole30 Breakfast Kabobs are not only egg-free but delicious and a fun breakfast twist. All of the flavors of a Western breakfast omelet on a skewer and without the egg. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and tasty. Delicious for breakfast or for dinner!
These Breakfast Kabobs can be assembled up to 3 days in advance and then cooked the morning of in the oven or air fryer to make for a fast weekday breakfast. Putting the components on the skewers is a great way to get your kiddos involved in the kitchen prep as well.
The possible combinations are endless, but here is our favorite. Roasted potatoes, red and green bell peppers, onion, and a compatible link sausage of your choice. Some Whole30 Approved sausage options include Applegate, Teton Waters Ranch, or Bilinski’s. It works well with both sliced dinner sausage and breakfast sausage links.
The potatoes are steamed before they are roasted to speed up cooking time. This also ensures that the potatoes are done at the same time as the peppers and the onion. One easy way to steam potatoes is to add the chopped potatoes and 2 tablespoons of water to a medium reusable bag. Or you can do this in a glass container and cover with microwavable plastic wrap. Microwave for 5 minutes on high until just tender. You want them soft enough to pierce with the skewer but not so tender they break.
As these Whole30 Breakfast Kabobs are egg-free, they also freeze fantastically. Once cooked, simply freeze in a sealed container for up to 3 months. You can freeze either still on the skewer or slide the components off and freeze.
Don’t want to take the time to put these on skewers as kabobs? No problem – make it as a sheet pan breakfast instead! Same ingredients and cook time; just skip the kabob building step.
Whole30 Breakfast Kabobs
Whole30 Breakfast Kabobs
- 1 lb compatible link sausage
- 1 lb yellow potatoes cubed and steamed
- 1 lb red bell pepper seeded and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1/2 onion (yellow, white, or red) chopped into 1” pieces
- olive oil
- wooden skewers
- PREHEAT oven, if using, to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire cooling rack inside it, if you have one. This helps the kabobs cook more quickly and evenly.
- BUILD your kabobs on the skewers with the sausage, steamed potatoes, peppers, and onion.
- BRUSH kabobs with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- COOK, rotating halfway through, in the oven for 22 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and peppers are tender. Or air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- FREEZE in a sealed container for up to 3 months. You can freeze either still on the skewer or slide the components off and freeze.
Recipe Creator | Whole Food for 7