Skip the crust and make this delicious Whole30 Chicken Pot Pie Soup, perfect for a cold winter night. This soup boasts tender chicken and sweet veggies in a rich, creamy broth. Put this on your dinner menu this week and dig in!
To start, you’ll simmer chopped baby gold potatoes in chicken broth until very soft — think mashed potato texture. Then transfer everything to a blender and blend with plain almond milk until the mixture is smooth. This gives us our creamy, dairy-free chicken pot pie base.
Next, you’ll sauté diced onion and minced garlic in a separate dutch oven or soup pot for your savory aromatics. (Don’t be surprised if this alone doesn’t bring some onlookers to the kitchen!) Then toss in your diced celery and carrots, chopped green beans, and diced chicken thighs with some salt and pepper. Sauté the mixture until the vegetables soften and the chicken browns a bit. This process will infuse the chicken with that comforting chicken pot pie flavor you know and love.
Then, add diced baby gold potatoes, broccoli and chicken stock to the pot along with the blended broth and simmer until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in frozen peas and fresh herbs, then voila! Your Whole30 Chicken Pot Pie masterpiece is complete!
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days or in the freezer for up to six months. We hope you enjoy this delicious Whole30 twist on a comfort food classic!
Want even more cozy soup recipes? Try Whole30 Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
Try This: Whole30 Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Whole30 Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 4 baby gold potatoes chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup plain & unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ghee avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled & diced
- 4 medium garlic cloves peeled & minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium celery stalks ends removed & chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled & diced
- 1 cup French green beans chopped
- 1 ½ pounds of boneless & skinless chicken thighs diced
- 4 baby gold potatoes diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons each of fresh parsley rosemary & thyme
- To prepare your broth, simmer chopped baby gold potatoes in chicken broth for about 10 minutes, or until very soft.
- Transfer to a blender and blend on high with plain almond milk until very creamy and there are no lumps. Set aside to use in your soup later.
- In a large Dutch oven pot or soup pot, add ghee, avocado oil or coconut oil and bring to medium-low heat.
- Add diced onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add sea salt and black pepper and stir well to combine.
- Add diced celery, diced carrot, chopped green beans and diced chicken thighs and toss well to combine. Continue to sauté until the veggies begin to soften and the chicken browns a little, about 5 minutes.
- Add diced baby gold potatoes, broccoli florets and chicken stock and stir well. Pour your blended broth back into your soup. Bring to a simmer until all of the veggies are very soft and the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas and half of the fresh herbs.
- Serve soup between 4 with the remaining half of the fresh parsley, rosemary and thyme, storing any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze your leftovers in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months.