If you’ve somehow made it this far in life without making loaded baked potato soup, this recipe for creamy Whole30 Loaded Baked Potato Soup is just for you. This warm soup has so many good things going for it. From the tender potatoes to the crispy bacon, and everything in between, you’ll enjoy every last delicious sip.
Want even more cozy soup recipes? Try Whole30 Sausage and Potato Soup.
Try This: Whole30 Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Whole30 Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 4 slices of Whole30 approved bacon chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled & diced
- 4 medium garlic cloves peeled & minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 8 baby gold potatoes chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup plain & unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- Chopped bacon
- 1 whole scallion minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large Dutch oven pot or soup pot, add chopped bacon and bring to medium-low heat.
- Sauté bacon until it is crispy, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel, reserving the bacon grease in the Dutch oven or soup pot.
- Add diced onion and garlic to the Dutch oven or pot and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add sea salt, black pepper and dried red pepper flakes and stir well to combine.
- Add diced baby gold potatoes, cauliflower florets, chicken stock, almond milk and canned coconut milk and stir well. Bring to a simmer until all of the veggies are very soft about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer about 2 cups worth of soup to a blender and blend on high until very creamy and there are no lumps (be careful blending the soup while it’s hot). Pour the blended soup into your Dutch oven and stir well until everything is thick and creamy.
- Serve soup between 4 with chopped bacon, scallion, cilantro and black pepper, storing any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze your leftovers in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months.
You Might Also Like…