Experience the ultimate winter comfort food with a hearty bowl of Whole30 Lamb and Pumpkin Chili. This delightful fusion promises rich flavors and a satisfying dining-in experience. As winter nights forge on, elevate your weeknight meals with this unique and flavorful dish that effortlessly marries the robust taste of lamb with the earthy sweetness of pumpkin.
This bean-free chili begins with ground lamb, simmered to perfection with a bevy of warm spices, paired with pumpkin for a subtle, nutty sweetness. This combination yields a depth of flavor that makes every spoonful a comforting and harmonious experience. This savory stew is not only rich in protein and fiber but is also a considerably low-FODMAP meal. Perfect for those with dietary restrictions and sensitivities!
Moreover, this chili is highly customizable to suit your palate. Whether you enjoy a mild warmth or a bold, spicy kick, this dish can be tailored to please everyone. So, gather around the table and savor the flavors of winter with this exceptional dish that’s sure to become a cherished part of your meal rotation.
This recipe is a guest post from private chef, Rosie Godycki. Make sure to give her a follow on Instagram for more mouth-watering recipes!
Whole30 Lamb and Pumpkin Chili
Whole30 Lamb and Pumpkin Chili Square
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 lb orange pumpkin, kabocha, or butternut squash
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 16 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 32 oz beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
- fresh chopped chives
- MIX the first six spice ingredients (oregano, pumpkin spice, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, and ancho chili powder) in a small container and set aside.
- CUT pumpkin or squash in half, then remove and discard seeds.
- BRUSH olive oil on the pumpkin or squash, then place on a sheet pan, cut side up, and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until fork tender. (If using butternut squash, adjust baking time to 40 minutes.) Let cool, then cut it into ¼-inch pieces.
- ADD 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large pot. Sauté the chopped onions, carrots, celery, and bell pepper for 2 minutes or until tender. Next, add the chopped garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then season with salt and pepper.
- PLACE the sautéed vegetables in a small bowl and set aside.
- ADD 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pot, then add the ground lamb and cook until brown. Then add half of the spice mixture to the lamb along with salt and pepper, then stir.
- ADD the vegetables back to the pot with the lamb. Add tomato paste, fire-roasted tomatoes, beef broth, the remaining spice ingredients and stir. Add salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, then cook for 15 minutes.
- ADD cooled pumpkin or squash to the chili and cook for 5 minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- GARNISH with chopped parsley and chives, then enjoy!
Social Media Influencer and trained Chef