This Whole30 Shrimp Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Grits is a totally new way to do shrimp and grits from The Whole30 Fast & Easy. The shrimp is cooked in bacon drippings and flavored with garlic, green onions, lemon juice, and parsley instead of Cajun seasoning—and they’re served on incredibly creamy and decadent-tasting cauliflower grits. You will not believe what you’re tasting!
Looking for more shrimp recipes? Try this Grilled Cilantro Chicken & Shrimp.
Try This: Shrimp Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Grits
Whole30 Shrimp Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Grits from The Whole30 Fast & Easy Cookbook
- 2 slices Whole30-compatible bacon chopped
- For the Cauliflower Grits
- 2 bags 12 ounces each frozen riced cauliflower, or 6 cups raw cauliflower rice (see opposite)
- ¼ cup Clarified Butter page 283 or ghee
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup Whole30-compatible unsweetened almond milk
- For the Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Clarified Butter page 283 or ghee
- 1½ pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp see Tip
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- IN a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels and set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings in the skillet.
- MAKE THE CAULIFLOWER GRITS: While the bacon is cooking, place the riced cauliflower in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 minutes or until hot. Let stand 1 minute. Add the butter, garlic, salt, black pepper, and almond milk. Using an immersion blender, blend until fairly smooth. Cover and keep warm while cooking the shrimp.
- MAKE THE SHRIMP: Add the butter to the skillet with the bacon drippings. Add the shrimp and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the garlic and green onions. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are opaque, about 3 minutes more. Stir in the lemon juice.
- SERVE the shrimp on the grits, sprinkled with the bacon and parsley.
- TIP: You can also use cooked shrimp in place of the raw shrimp. Add them after the garlic and green onions have softened and cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice.
THE WHOLE30 FAST AND EASY
150 Simply Delicious Everyday Recipes for Your Whole30
The Whole30: Fast & Easy is packed with 150 delicious, brand new Whole30 recipes, perfect for weeknight cooking, lunches in a hurry, and hearty breakfasts that still get you out the door on time. It also features nearly effortless skillet meals, stir-fries, sheet-pan suppers, and slow-cook and no-cook meals, most of which can be made in 30 minutes or less using widely-available ingredients found in any supermarket.
You Might Also Like…
Co-Founder / CEO