Recipe by: Carrie Kholi-Murchison
Photos by: Brian Kavanagh | The Sophisticated Caveman
Try these hearty Whole30 Spiced Braised Lamb Chops with Baby Bella Mushrooms. This dish feels a little more special than your standard weeknight meal and is sure to delight all that come to your table.
Looking for more lamb recipes? Try this Whole30 Lamb Curry.
Whole30 Spiced Braised Lamb Chops with Baby Bella Mushrooms
Spiced Braised Lamb Chops with Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 4 lamb chops
- 1 large white or yellow onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh herb blend of your choice coarsely chopped (suggested: oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, parsley)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- SEASON both sides of each lamb chop generously with salt, pepper.
- COMBINE garlic, fresh herbs, crushed red pepper flakes, and 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a big bowl. Stir until it makes a light paste.
- ADD lamb chops to the bowl and rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops. Let them rest for 30-45 minutes at room temperature.
- HEAT a large frying pan or cast iron dutch oven/skillet (preferred) over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons coconut oil, once hot add in the lamb chops.
- SEAR seasoned lamb chops for 3-5 minutes on each side. Then remove and set aside.
- ADD roughly chopped onions, peppers, and mushrooms to lamb chop fat and sauté for 5 minutes until onions translucent.
- ADD arrowroot powder and stir to thicken slightly.
- ADD lamb chops back into the pan/skillet/dutch oven. Turn the stove to low, and braise chops and veggies until the meat is tender.
- SERVE and enjoy!
You Might Also Like…
Recipe by Dr. Carrie Kholi-Murchison (Kholi).