By Brad VanDyke
This cozy and filling meal takes just a few minutes of prep and simmers to create a delicious combination of flavors. Eat the chili on it’s own as a veggie-loaded meal or top over hot dogs for a delicious meal.
Regenerative and Delicious
Whip up these Hearty Veggie Chili Dogs featuring Applegate’s DO GOOD DOG™ hot dog, which is made with beef raised with practices that regenerate the land. Applegate’s mission is Changing The Meat We Eat®, and they’re taking that one step further with their new DO GOOD DOG™. Applegate aims to make regenerative agriculture familiar and accessible to all.
What’s the big deal about regenerative agriculture? This type of farming works with the land, and demonstrates the positive impact that animals can have on the land. The cattle that supply beef for the DO GOOD DOG™ hot dog are part of a system that is contributing to the regeneration of up to 260,000 acres of U.S. grasslands and working toward a healthier planet.
Like all other Applegate® beef products, the DO GOOD DOG™ hot dog uses 100% grass-fed beef that’s raised to Applegate humanely-raised standards with no antibiotics ever. Not to mention, it’s, like, really delicious.
Hearty Whole30 Veggie Chili Dog
- 1-2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1-2 carrots
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 4 crimini mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp each salt, black pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 15 oz vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsps coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp favorite hot sauce ,if desired
- 4 DO GOOD DOG™ hot dogs ,sliced lengthwise
- Roasted veggies of choice
- PREHEAT large pan to medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- CHOP all veggies into a small dice. Mince garlic until fine and set aside.
- ADD onion, celery and carrots to the pan and sauté for 5-10 minutes. Once the onions are translucent, add garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper and jalapeño. Stir until combined and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- ADD chili powder, salt, black pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano and cinnamon and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- ADD diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste, coconut aminos, hot sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- REDUCE heat to low and add zucchini and cauliflower rice. Simmer for 60 minutes or until the veggies have softened and thickness is at desired consistency. If needed, add additional broth.
- PLACE two hot dogs, sliced lengthwise on the plate and top with a hefty scoop of chili. Serve with roasted veggies of choice and top with your favorite Whole30 compatible hot sauce.
This post is sponsored by Applegate®. Thank you for supporting our Whole30 partners!