This Whole30 Beef & Mushroom Meatball recipe is a savory, filling weeknight dish. Try it with your favorite spiralized veggies for a Whole30 meal.
Try This: Whole30 Beef & Mushroom Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
Whole30 Beef & Mushroom Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
- 1 ½ cups cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 cups Whole30 compatible marinara sauce
- PULSE mushrooms, sea salt, black pepper, garlic cloves and basil leaves in a food processor until it is completely minced and well-combined. Set aside in a bowl for about 10 minutes, draining any excess water that is created from the mushrooms.
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After draining excess water from the mushroom mixture, gently MIX in egg, ground beef and almond flour until well-combined.
- FORM 16 2-inch meatballs with your hands and arrange in a cast-iron skillet.
- BAKE for 10 minutes per side, pouring in marinara sauce when there is 5 minutes left of baking.
- SERVE amongst 4 bowls, storing any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipes and photos by Sarah Steffens. Sarah has a B.A. in Business Administration, Public Relations from The Master’s College in Southern California.
After years of experimenting with nutrition and recipes in her own kitchen, she now works as a Personal Chef in Los Angeles, cooking meals that support her client’s intention to physically and mentally thrive. She has catered several independent film sets, making it her goal to optimize the energy and well-being of each creative crew. She is the in-house recipe creative for the Whole30, and the creator of the Savor and Fancy blog. When Sarah is not cooking Whole30 and Autoimmune Protocol meals, she is likely exploring mid-century sites in L.A., taking photographs, listening to an audiobook or hiking at Griffith Park.