Pomegranate arils, or seeds, give this Whole30 Chicken Chopped Salad a juicy burst of flavor and crunchy texture, while orange segments add sweetness. Don’t want to seed a pomegranate? Look for small containers of the arils in the refrigerated case in the produce section of your grocery store.
We’ve provided a tasty vinaigrette recipe to dress this salad, but you can also make it easy on yourself and use your favorite Whole30 compatible store-bought dressing. We love the Made By Whole30 House Ranch; the creaminess is a great compliment to the savory chicken and sweet fruit.
This entree salad serves two for dinner, or serve it as a starter course for a dinner party of four. (Perhaps alongside this Roasted Salmon with Grapefruit and Asparagus?)
Whole30 Fast & Easy Fruity Chicken Chopped Salad
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
For the Salad
- 1 medium orange ,peeled and white pith removed (see Tip)
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted cashews
- 2 green onions ,sliced
Make the Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Make the Salad
- Divide the orange into segments. Arrange the lettuce in serving bowls. Top with the orange segments, chicken, pomegranate seeds, cashews, and green onions. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
The Whole30 Fast & Easy
150 Simply Delicious Everyday Recipes for Your Whole30
Millions of people have transformed their lives with Whole30, yet co-creator Melissa Hartwig wants to make it even easier to achieve Whole30 success—with delicious, compatible, fast, and easy recipes. The Whole30: Fast & Easy is packed with 150 delicious, brand new Whole30 recipes, perfect for weeknight cooking, lunches in a hurry, and hearty breakfasts that still get you out the door on time. It also features nearly effortless skillet meals, stir-fries, sheet-pan suppers, and slow-cook and no-cook meals, most of which can be made in 30 minutes or less using widely-available ingredients found in any supermarket.
The Whole30 Fast and Easy Cookbook features:
- Recipes perfect for weeknight cooking, lunches in a hurry, and hearty breakfasts that still get you out the door on time
- Nearly effortless skillet meals, stir-fries, sheet-pan suppers, and slow-cook and no-cook meals, most of which can be made in 30 minutes or less
- Creative, delicious meals using widely-available ingredients found in any supermarket
- Melissa’s favorite kitchen hacks, designed to save time and money while maximizing flavor
Whether you’re doing your first Whole30 or your fifth, or just looking for some healthy, fast, and easy recipes to try, this collection is a must-have for any kitchen.
You don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen to feed your family healthy, home-cooked meals. These simple but delicious recipes will stay in your weeknight rotation long after your Whole30 is over. — DANIELLE WALKER, best-selling author of Against All Grain
You Might Also Like…
Co-Founder / CEO