Strawberry-Rhubarb Salad with Almonds and Mint
- stalk rhubarb, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 tbsp WHOLE30 Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup toasted and coarsely chopped almonds, pecans, or hazelnuts (see Tip)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- IN a medium bowl, combine the rhubarb and vinaigrette. Let stand at room temperature until the rhubarb softens and begins to release its water, about 30 minutes. Add the strawberries, almonds, and mint.
- TIP: In a dry skillet toast the almonds or pecans over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. To toast hazelnuts, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted. Cool nuts slightly then place on a clean kitchen towel and rub to remove loose skins.