Ukoy (Shrimp and Veggie Fritters)
- 1 cup shrimp thawed
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 bags shredded carrots about 1 lb
- 2-3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- SQUEEZE any excess water from shrimp with a clean towel and roughly chop.
- COMBINE 2 bags of shredded carrots with the shrimp and green scallions.
- PREHEAT large skillet with plenty of avocado oil, about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the pan.
- GENTLY drop a small handful of your shrimp and veggie mixture in the oil and shallow fry on med-high heat. Watch closely and adjust heat if they brown too quickly. Turn occasionally to crisp evenly.
- DRAIN on a paper towel or cooling rack and immediately sprinkle with sea salt.