Get your spiralizer out; it’s zoodle time! This Whole30 Faux Pho from Cooking Whole30 is a compatible take on Vietnamese Pho, subbing in zucchini noodles for classic rice noodles. It is a light, flavorful dish featuring ginger-garlic beef broth and Thai basil, cilantro, sliced green onions, jalapeño, and lime wedges.
Cooking Whole30 is the revised, updated, and enhanced version of The Whole30 Cookbook. It will be available on 12/29/2020 everywhere books are sold, but you can pre-order your copy right now. Click here for more information about this project.
Pre-order Bonus Order Cooking Whole30 from any retailer, and we’ll send you an exclusive 7-day Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List featuring recipes from the book, plus special offers from Our Place, Kettle & Fire, ButcherBox, and Tin Star. Click here to register your purchase, and claim your pre-order bonus bundle.
Whole30 Faux Pho Beef Zoodle Soup
Asian Beef Zoodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 1 small onion halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 5 cups Beef Bone Broth (page 285) or Whole30-compatible beef broth
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons Red Boat fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 12 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak thinly sliced across the grain (see Tip)
- Lime wedges
- fresh Thai basil leaves
- fresh cilantro leaves
- green onions, sliced
- jalapeños, sliced
- IN a large pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the broth, coconut aminos, fish sauce, and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- MEANWHILE, use a spiral slicer or julienne peeler to cut the zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strands (or use a regular vegetable peeler to cut the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons). Add the zucchini noodles to the simmering soup and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Add the sliced steak and simmer until just cooked, 30 to 60 seconds. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the toppings of your choice.
Post photography by Brent Herrig
Pre-order Your Copy of Cooking Whole30 Wherever Books are Sold
OVER 150 RECIPES FOR THE WHOLE30 AND BEYOND
Previously published as The Whole30 Cookbook, this bestseller is revised, updated, and available in paperback for the first time.
The groundbreaking Whole30 program has helped millions of people transform their lives by bringing them better sleep, more energy, fewer cravings, and improved digestion, creating a foundation of good habits and restoring a healthy relationship with food. In this cookbook (previously published as The Whole30 Cookbook) best-selling author and Whole30 co-creator Melissa Urban delivers over 150 recipes to help readers prepare delicious, healthy meals for their Whole30 and beyond.
Cooking Whole30 has been completely revised and updated to be in line with Whole30’s diversity, inclusion, equity, representation, and accessibility efforts.
Say good-bye to mundane meals with Cooking Whole30. These mouth-watering recipes will help you reset your health while filling your life with delicious good food.” — DANIELLE WALKER, New York Times best-selling author, Against All Grain and Meals Made Simple
Chief Content Officer