Ah, one-pot meals. They’re convenient (fewer dishes to wash) and cozy (think Whole30 comfort food).
This One-Pot Braised Sirloin and Autumn Veggies dish is nourishing, flavorful, and satisfying, the best kind of Whole30 meal. Make a big batch and serve it to your family as a cozy cool-weather meal, or portion it out for your weekly meal prep.
One-Pot Braised Sirloin and Autumn Veggies
Recipe & Photo By: Sarah Steffens
Whole30 Braised Sirloin & Autumn Veggies
- Our Place Perfect Pot, or an oven-safe pot or dutch oven with a roasting rack.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 lb boneless sirloin
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 12 tri-color baby potatoes diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp ghee melted
- 8 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper
- PREHEAT your oven to 300 F
- SET your Our Place Perfect Pot over medium heat. Add ghee to pot and allow to melt. Once the pot and ghee are hot, add diced sirloin and brown on each side, about 1 minute per side.
- REMOVE pot from heat. Place the roasting rack inside of the pot.
- ARRANGE diced onion, minced garlic, cubed butternut squash, and diced baby potatoes in the pot, followed by browned sirloin. Pour beef broth over all of the veggies and sirloin.
- SEASON with sea salt and black pepper and pour melted ghee over it all.
- COVER the pot and place in oven. Allow to braise until the veggies are tender and just starting to brown, and the sirloin is cooked to your desired preference (medium rare: 135 F or medium: 145 F).
- REMOVE from the oven and serve over 2 cups of arugula or mixed greens, garnishing each plate with olive oil and desired sea salt and black pepper. Storing leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You Might Also Like…
Our Place is a Whole30 affiliate partner, meaning we make a small commission on purchases made via our unique link. Thank you for supporting Whole30 and our partners!