This Whole30 Beef & Mushroom Meatball recipe is a savory, filling weeknight dish. Try it with your favorite spiralized veggies for a Whole30 meal.
Try This: Whole30 Beef & Mushroom Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
Whole30 Beef & Mushroom Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
- 1 ½ cups cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 cups Whole30 compatible marinara sauce
- PULSE mushrooms, sea salt, black pepper, garlic cloves and basil leaves in a food processor until it is completely minced and well-combined. Set aside in a bowl for about 10 minutes, draining any excess water that is created from the mushrooms.
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After draining excess water from the mushroom mixture, gently MIX in egg, ground beef and almond flour until well-combined.
- FORM 16 2-inch meatballs with your hands and arrange in a cast-iron skillet.
- BAKE for 10 minutes per side, pouring in marinara sauce when there is 5 minutes left of baking.
- SERVE amongst 4 bowls, storing any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.