This Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip is a perfect easy appetizer or dinner! It only uses six simple ingredients, takes 5 minutes to prep, and is gluten-free, dairy-free, and Whole30 compatible. It can be made in the oven, Instant Pot, or slow cooker. Pair it with your favorite raw veggies, or scoop it up with homemade tostones.
An Easy Way to Make Shredded Chicken
The base of this Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip is shredded chicken. You can cook and shred it yourself or go the easy route with canned chicken or a compatible rotisserie chicken.
We love making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot. Place 2-3 chicken breasts on the trivet to make shredded chicken in your Instant Pot. Pour in a cup of water, seal it up, and let it steam or cook on manual (high) for 10 minutes. After that, use your standing or handheld mixer to shred the chicken. With a handheld mixer, you can shred the steamed chicken inside the Instant Pot to save yourself an extra dish. Just remove the trivet, pour out any remaining water, and stick the mixer beaters straight into the pot. If you’re using a standing mixer, we’ve found it works best to cover it up to prevent a mess.
Kitehill Whole30 Approved Cream Cheese
I can have cream cheese on a Whole30? YES, if the ingredients are compatible. You can find more about why Kitehill Whole30 Approved Cream Cheese is Whole30 compatible HERE. And since it has the Whole30 Approved logo, you can confidently know that the ingredients will support your Whole30 goals!
Created with almonds grown in California, Kite Hill Cream Cheeses give both dips and casseroles a rich and silky creaminess. Additionally, they are an excellent choice for dipping vegetables, stuffing peppers and jalapeno poppers, or combining them with a meat stick for Melissa Urban’s preferred snack. It’s evident why they hold the top spot as the leading brand of plant-based cream cheese!
These Cream Cheeses come in various flavors, including Plain, Chive, Everything, and Garden Veggie, providing ideal condiments to diversify your snacks and meals during the Whole30 in January.
Click here to save $2 off your next Kite Hill purchase!
Tips and Tricks:
- This recipe gets its deep flavor with minimal ingredients by combining Kitehill Whole30 Approved Cream Cheese with ranch. You can use homemade ranch or a compatible store-bought ranch; both work well!
- This dairy-free Buffalo Chicken Dip features a medium heat level. However, you can easily increase or decrease the hot sauce to adjust it to your liking.
- No store-bought chips are compatible on Whole30, but you can slice up and roast plantains to make tostones to scoop and dip to your heart’s delight! Tostones are double-cooked smashed green plantains, similar to how we make these Tostones Tostadas, just smaller.
- Another way to make this a meal is to serve the dip on top of a baked or roasted potato or sweet potato!
- This Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip freezes great, so make extra or put the leftovers into the freezer. Freeze in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip
Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1-8 oz container of Kite Hill Whole30 Approved Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Whole30 compatible Ranch
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups shredded chicken breast
Optional to dip:
- Raw veggies such as carrots and celery, roasted plantain slices, or homemade tostones
- HEAT oven, if using, to 350 degrees. Set out a 1-quart baking dish. We used an 11×7, but a square 8×8 would work as well.
- WHISK together (or mix with a mixer) the cream cheese, ranch, hot sauce, and all spices until smooth in a bowl, Instant Pot or slow cooker. Fold in the shredded chicken until well combined. See below for specific cooking method instructions.
- SPREAD chicken mixture evenly in the baking dish. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, until lightly browned on top. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- SEAL and cook on manual high heat for 15 minutes. Release steam and serve warm.
- SEAL and cook on high for 2 hours. Serve warm.
Recipe Creator | Whole Food for 7