All things buffalo sauce are some of the most beloved recipes at Whole30. There is just something about this peppy kick of flavor that gets everyone drooling. You may not realize how easy Whole30 buffalo sauce is to make, but it’s just a handful of easy-to-find ingredients and comes together in 10 minutes.
Buffalo Sauce is delicious over roasted veggies or scrambled eggs. It can crank up the flavor of a baked potato or baked fries. Or toss it with shredded chicken and ranch for an easy chicken salad. Here are some recipes we love with buffalo sauce:
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Bacon Salad
- Whole30 Buffalo Stuffed Peppers
- Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Whole30 Buffalo Ranch Turkey Wraps
This homemade buffalo sauce uses only five basic ingredients you can find at most grocery stores. Just hot sauce, ghee, garlic powder, paprika, and salt. Better yet, making it at home allows for easy adjustments based on your taste preferences. As written, this buffalo sauce brings medium heat, but you can turn it up with some cayenne pepper. Or, add up to 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar if you prefer a more vinegar-forward sauce.
What is ghee?
Also called clarified butter, ghee is made by heating butter and rendering the milk solids (and lactose) out. Per the Whole30 Rules, ghee is allowed on Whole30, even though it’s technically a dairy product. If you cannot tolerate ghee or need a vegan option, use a compatible dairy-free butter instead.
This Whole30 Buffalo Sauce is a one-pan recipe that is about as easy as you can get. Merely add all the ingredients to a saucepan and heat until the ghee melts. Whisk everything together, and that’s it!
Whole30 Buffalo Sauce
Whole30 Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Whole30 Compatible, like Frank’s Red Hot Sauce or The New Primal
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional) to taste
- COMBINE all ingredients in a small pot on the stove over medium heat.
- HEAT until ghee melts.
- WHISK ingredients together and remove from heat.
- STORE in a sealed glass container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.
Recipe Creator | Whole Food for 7