Today we’re sharing this recipe from Cooking Whole30, the updated, revised, and enhanced edition of the New York Times bestselling The Whole30 Cookbook. These Whole30 lamb chops are perfect for a holiday meal, they’re well suited for feeding a crowd.
Pre-order Bonus Order Cooking Whole30 from any retailer, and we’ll send you an exclusive 7-day Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List featuring recipes from the book, plus special offers from Our Place, Kettle & Fire, ButcherBox, and Tin Star. Click here to register your purchase, and claim your pre-order bonus bundle.
Whole30 Lamb Chops and Fingerlings with Arugula Pesto
Lamb chops are super juicy and loaded with meaty flavor. Here they get a simple seasoning of garlic and thyme and a topping of peppery arugula pesto. Boiling the potatoes and then grilling them yields a creamy interior and wonderfully crisp exterior.
Grilled Lamb Chops and Fingerlings with Arugula Pesto
For the Chops
- 4 lamb loin or rib chops (about 1 pound)
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and black pepper
For the Potatoes
- 6 fingerling potatoes
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
For the Pesto
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted
- 1/2 cup walnut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- PREHEAT a grill to medium (350 to 375 F)
- MAKE THE POTATOES: Put the potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Lightly salt the water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes can be pierced with the tip of a knife but are not completely tender, 9 to 10 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and toss with the olive oil and salt and black pepper to taste..
- MAKE THE PESTO: In a food processor, combine the arugula, almonds, walnut oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, and cayenne. Process until smooth.
- Grease the grill rack. Place the chops and potatoes on the greased rack over direct heat. Cover and grill the chops, turning once, for 12 to 14 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 15 to 17 minutes for medium (160°F). Grill the potatoes, turning once, for 10 minutes, or until they are tender and have grill marks.
- Serve the lamb chops with the pesto and grilled potatoes.
Excerpted from The Whole30 Cookbook. Copyright © 2016 by Melissa Hartwig. Used by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Photography by Brent Herrig. All rights reserved.
OVER 150 RECIPES FOR THE WHOLE30 AND BEYOND
Previously published as The Whole30 Cookbook, this bestseller is revised, updated, and available in paperback for the first time.
The groundbreaking Whole30 program has helped millions of people transform their lives by bringing them better sleep, more energy, fewer cravings, and improved digestion, creating a foundation of good habits and restoring a healthy relationship with food. In this cookbook (previously published as The Whole30 Cookbook) best-selling author and Whole30 co-creator Melissa Urban delivers over 150 recipes to help readers prepare delicious, healthy meals for their Whole30 and beyond.
Cooking Whole30 has been completely revised and updated to be in line with Whole30’s diversity, inclusion, equity, representation, and accessibility efforts.
Say good-bye to mundane meals with Cooking Whole30. These mouth-watering recipes will help you reset your health while filling your life with delicious good food.” — DANIELLE WALKER, New York Times best-selling author, Against All Grain and Meals Made Simple
Purchase: Amazon , B&N , Indie Bound , Powell’s , BAM , Hudson , Indigo , Amazon.ca , iBooks , Google Play