By now, you’ve likely seen the viral “butter board” trend going around, and we wanted to make our own Whole30 and dairy-free version by swapping out the butter and replacing it with nut “cheese.” Joshua McFadden of @jj__mc originally created the idea, and when Justine Doiron of @justine_snacks reintroduced it, we just had to hop on board!
Butter boards are said to become the next charcuterie board and be the most popular dish at your holiday get-togethers. You can customize the board with your choice of ingredients, but we paired ours with roasted garlic, chili oil, fresh rosemary and lemon.
Whole30 Dairy-Free “Butter” Board
Whole30 Roasted Garlic “Butter Board”
- 1 head of garlic
- olive oil (enough to coat garlic)
- 8 oz Whole30 compatible nut "cheese"
- salt add to taste
- 1.5 tbsp chili oil with red pepper flakes
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- CUT the head of garlic on one side, and put into a piece of tin foil. Drizzle olive oil on the cut side and roast garlic in the oven on 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until soft and browned. Remove garlic from oven and allow to cool.
- ON a cutting board, spread the nut "cheese" out on one side in dollops
- ADD salt, chili oil with red pepper flakes, softened garlic, zest of lemon and fresh rosemary on top of the nut cheese.
- SERVE with your favorite veggies for dipping. (We used roasted gold potatoes and roasted bell peppers.)
Social Media Content Manager