Love for all things buffalo sauce runs deep in the Whole30 community, and for good reason. We love the punch of flavor buffalo sauce adds. These Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Wings are packed with flavor without a lot of time preparing or ingredients. The simple ingredients not only keep these chicken wings gluten-free and dairy-free but accessible and budget-friendly.
We love Buffalo Chicken Wings with our homemade buffalo sauce — which you can make in just 5 minutes! Or find a store-bought Whole30 Approved or compatible buffalo sauce or even faster prep. These wings are delicious on their own or dipped in Whole30 ranch. Plus, our buffalo wings are naturally egg-free and nut-free, making them a fantastic choice for game day, dinner, or an appetizer.
The base for these wings is our Crispy Salt & Pepper Wings, which get their perfect texture from baking powder and high heat. (Air fry or oven bake!) You can toss the Crispy Salt & Pepper Wings in buffalo sauce to make these Buffalo Chicken Wings or BBQ Sauce to make our BBQ Chicken Wings or any other favorite sauce of your choice. We think this definitely calls for a wing night!
For ease of cooking, buy “party wings” that are already cut in sections. Buying whole wings can be more budget-friendly, so if you’re up to the task, you can do it yourself by following the instructions here. If you are cooking them in the oven, use a rimmed pan with a wire rack set inside. This allows the air to circulate around the chicken wings to help them get crispy.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes! Follow the recipe as written, but don’t add the sauce. Refrigerate for up to 3 days. When ready to re-crisp, bake them at 400 °F for 10 minutes on a wire rack inside a baking sheet. Or, air fry them at 400 for 5 minutes. Then toss with the sauce and serve!
Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Wings
Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce plus more if desired
- Whole30 compatible ranch dressing
- PREHEAT oven to 475 °F, if using the oven method. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and set a cooling rack inside the baking sheet. Spray the baking sheet with cooking oil.
- PAT chicken wings dry.
- COMBINE chicken wings, baking powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- PLACE coated chicken wings on a baking sheet or air fryer basket that has been sprayed with cooking oil. Spray wings generously with cooking oil.
- OVEN: Bake at 475 °F for 15 minutes, until golden, flip, and then bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- AIR FRYER: Air fry at 400 °F for 10-11 minutes until golden, flip or toss, and then air fry for another 10-11 minutes until crispy.
- TOSS with 1/2 cup buffalo sauce until all wings are covered with sauce. Add additional buffalo sauce as desired, depending on how saucy you like it.
- SERVE hot and enjoy!
Digital Content Producer